CONNECT TO JAYHAWK WI-FI:
- When on campus, go to your device Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- If necessary, forget the Guest network.
- Select JAYHAWK.
- Your settings should match the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: None
- CA certificate: Do not validate
- Identity: Your personal KU Online ID
- Anonymous identity: (Leave blank)
- Password: Your password.
- Select Connect.
In a few seconds, you should see “Connected” appear under the Jayhawk network.
CONNECT TO KU EMAIL:
- Go to your device Settings.
- Choose Accounts or Accounts & Sync.
- Select Add account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your primary KU email address (if you are not sure, you can enter your KU Online ID followed by @ku.edu).
- Enter your KU password and select Manual Setup.
- If prompted, select Exchange.
- Enter the following information:
- Domain\Username: Delete the default information and enter home\ followed by your personal KU Online ID (for example, home\a123b456)
- Password: Your password
- Server: mail.ku.edu
- Select Next.
- Select OK in regards to the Remote security option.
- Select Activate.
- Select Next.
- Your email should appear within the Gmail app.
BLACKBOARD MOBILE APP:
- Download Blackboard from the App Store.
- Open the Blackboard app and enter University of Kansas as your school’s name.
- Select Web Login.
- Select Login.
- Enter your KU Online ID and Password and select Log In.
The Blackboard mobile app is great for getting announcements and alerts when grades post. To submit assignments, view course reading materials, and complete any other graded work, you will want to use the full website, courseware.ku.edu.
ONEDRIVE MOBILE APP:
As a KU student, you have one terabyte of online storage provided through OneDrive for Business.
- Download Microsoft OneDrive from the Google Play Store.
- Open the OneDrive app and type your primary KU email address.
- Select Sign in to OneDrive for Business on the Choose an Account screen.
- Sign in with your KU Online ID and Password.
- Tip: Check out the myCommunity Student Video Series for tutorials at go.ku.edu/2mgKXS.
OTHER MICROSOFT OFFICE APPS:
You can use the full functionality of many other Microsoft Office apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more on your mobile device. Also, you can download the latest Microsoft Office suite on your computer at no cost through mycommunity.ku.edu.
You have access to Adobe Spark Premium where you can graphics, webpages and videos. You can use Adobe Spark Post on your Android device, however you’ll have more functionality using the browser-based version (see below).
- Download Adobe Spark Post app.
- By “Have an Adobe ID or Education account,” select Log in.
- Enter your KU email address.
- Select Sign in with an Enterprise ID.
- If prompted, select Enterprise ID.
- You should be redirected to the KU login page where you can log in as usual with your KU Online ID and password.
Need Tech Help?
The KU IT Customer Service Center can assist with your technology questions.
Lawrence: 785-864-8080 | email@example.com | Walk-in Support at Anschutz Library
Edwards: 913-626-9619 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Walk-in Support at Regents Center Hawks Nest
This information is only for students. Students should not share their KU Online ID & password with anyone. KU IT will never ask for your password.